May 5, 2014

16 On Chocolate Malt and Packers Best


I get the feeling that people are proud to be associated with coffee. It is almost always mentioned everywhere and it sounds classy. No one ever says, "Chocolate malt or tea?". I've watched enough shows with that overworked line, "Here's your coffee, Hun,"  followed with a scene of the husband rushing off to work. Oh, the banality of it all.

I'm a chocolate malt kinda girl. It's what I need to start my morning and what I have before bedtime. If I were a character in a book, I would probably sound uncool.

She stepped out onto the verandah with a steaming cup of chocolate malt in hand.

 
She winced at the chocolate malt stain on her coat.
 

She spilled chocolate malt on the table.

You get the point.

I've been through many brands of chocolate malt drink. Some powdery fine, most lacking punch. For those on a tighter budget, Milo is a luxury. I've always wondered if there was an alternative. This drove me to explore what was out there.

I've put up with long periods of 'tongue-blekkking'  moments. This whole chocolate malt adventure is a journey that has spanned several years.

Just a month ago, Hubs stumbled across Tesco's Packers Best. The price was good - only RM22 for a 2kg pack. I've been through a lot. There was little spark left to be too excited.

But by golly, did we hit the jackpot this time! It is the closest thing to milo that I have ever tasted. The texture is similar too - not too powdery, has some 'body' to it. Today, I tear open my second packet. I am so proud of this discovery. You'll have to excuse my excitement.

I think I'll just buy myself a ribbon sash to sling over my shoulder, like how beauty queens do it, and appoint myself 'Packers Best Chocolate Malt' ambassador. Friends will say I've gone bonkers.

Packers Best - Milo alternative!

Last week, whilst shopping in Tesco, I bumped into a guy snapping pics of milo on his phone. In me, was a strong urge to lean over and whisper, "Try Packers, it's good." I didn't want to creep the young man out. That's what sales promoters do! So I walked away, grinning that I had kept myself in check.

Anyway, if you're looking out for an alternative, this is it - as close as it gets and ten ringgit less. Give it a try and lets have your thoughts on it.

16 comments:

  1. wow.. I don't think we have this here in Kuching, will look for it when I'm in KL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. It's only available in Tesco stores ^.^

      Delete
  2. I love coffee but as can only have one a day, I do turn to hot chocolate, especially later in the day, so it doesn't interfere with my sleep. Glad to hear you found a good brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, excitement overload. Years..years! ;)

      Delete
  3. I never drink it, so I don't know if I like it. But I'm sure, I love coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok with coffee. I just don't handle it well..lol.

      Delete
  4. haha you are definitely right – I love swirling up a big hot cup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! That's so cute, but I'm not a coffee drinker so you definitely won't hear that from me. Like you, I prefer choc & tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew.. I'm happy to hear from so many choc fans..lol. High 5 to you too, Shirley! ^.^

      Delete
  6. I am a choc and tea person. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coffee n tea both..nice post

    My recent one: http://www.cosmochics.com/reviews/revlon-colorburst-matte-balm-shade-225-sultry-review-swatches-lotd/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like chocolate malt drink
    have it every morning as my breakfast
    as milo is quite expensive, my alternative is econsave brand
    but i would look out for this too
    thanks for sharing
    MY-Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I've not tried Econsave, but I will one day, now that you've put it in my head..lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates